VP Molecular Development
Cambridge, United Kingdom
We are looking to recruit a hands-on leader to spearhead assay development for a breakthrough molecular diagnostics platform.
LEX Diagnostics is developing a low-cost hand-held molecular diagnostics system with a target sample to answer time of 5 minutes. This is enabled by ultrafast, low cost thermocycler IP developed at The Technology Partnership, Europe’s leading independent technology development consultancy. This will bring rapid, sensitive diagnosis of viral infections to the frontline of healthcare. The first product will an influenza test, and the system will be expanded over time to detect other viral infections. You can read more about LEX here:
As Vice President of Molecular Development, you will drive the direction of PCR assay development on the LEX system. This is a hands-on leadership role with the opportunity to translate your life sciences insights into practical engineered solutions. You will manage a team of molecular scientists and will work closely with the engineering development team. With an initial bias toward laboratory-based work, you will design and carry out experiments to test and optimise product performance. Your extensive experience will enable you to think and plan independently to achieve project goals that will directly impact the success of the company. You will be capable of translating your life sciences insights into practical engineered solutions. The role will include interaction with external development partners and investors, requiring good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Substantial experience in the development of PCR and molecular diagnostic assays in a commercial/industrial environment
- Excellent laboratory skills and familiarity with common molecular assay methodologies with a PhD in a relevant field
- Demonstratable experience that you have managed complex projects under time pressure in a pragmatic manner
- Confidence in communicating your results to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Familiarity with regulated product development processes, e.g. ISO 13485
LEX Diagnostics is part is of TTP Group, an employee-owned business operating from pleasant surroundings on our own Science Park in Melbourn, South Cambridgeshire. Our working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We also offer fantastic employee benefits including:
- Employer pension contribution of 12% (+3% personal contribution)
- Enhanced share purchase scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life insurance
- 25 days’ annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- Cycle to Work scheme
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.