Consultants at TTP invent novel technologies and technological products that make a difference to people’s lives, grow our clients’ businesses and help our business thrive.
Your work will have a clear and direct impact on ambitious projects, by working in small teams with a high degree of devolved responsibility. This will draw on your strong technical background in Science or Engineering, your ability to quickly grasp unfamiliar topics and your effective collaboration with people from a variety of backgrounds.
Your project planning skills and judgement will enable you to balance carefully the uncertainties of R&D with time and budget constraints. High levels of communication, alignment, and trust enable each team member’s insight and energy to shape outcomes and contribute to team goals.
You will grow strong, collaborative relationships with clients and prospective clients, understanding them along with their strategy and vision, developing plans that they buy into, and maintaining this understanding and buy-in through the successes and setbacks of challenging technology projects. With experience, your combination of increasing market and technology insight will enable you to uncover valuable new business opportunities and even new areas of business.
With superb facilities, training, and the freedom to innovate, your future at TTP is what you make it. We value ambition, leadership and technical excellence and we provide a fantastic environment to develop your career.
As an employee-owned business everyone contributes to and is responsible for our success, so we look for confident, driven and positive people who will fit in and add value.
The essential requirements for this role are:
• A strong degree in a Science or Engineering discipline
• Ability to generate theoretical and empirical evidence.
• Insatiable curiosity. Whether it’s new technology, unfamiliar engineering principles or how a business makes money, you dig down to generate valuable insight
• Communication skills. You enjoy collaborating and presenting your work to others and explaining why it matters to them.
• Drive. You take on new responsibilities, seek challenging objectives, and pursue them with tenacity and pragmatism.
Candidates with greater experience will increasingly fulfil these additional requirements:
• Leadership. You build collaboration by engaging with the needs and perspectives of clients, colleagues, and other stakeholders, enabling you to act in others’ interests, build confidence, and establish trust.
• Insight. You demonstrate technical and commercial insight and the ability to apply these to development decisions, and to uncovering commercial opportunities.
• Initiative. You seek out opportunities – whether technological, commercial, personal, or otherwise – and take action to make the most of them.
Our roles are open to applicants at any career stage, from recent graduate, PhD and PostDoc to experienced professional.
• You will be expected to demonstrate the essential requirements even at the start of your career. Tell us how your extra-curricular activities or internship help demonstrate your wider potential.
• A few years into your career you will have a demonstrable track record, but still have plenty of scope to develop. Tell us about your achievements in industry or your accomplishments during your PhD and PostDoc.
• As an experienced professional, you will be able to demonstrate your technical and commercial impact. Tell us how you can expand TTP’s capabilities or build a new area of business.
TTP is an employee-owned business operating from green surroundings in Melbourn, just south of Cambridge. Our working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas and technical collaboration, while providing you with the freedom to do your best work. We value our collaborative culture and the benefit in-person interaction brings to our colleagues and to the business. We also understand the importance of work-life balance and offer flexibility in how you self-manage your working week.
- Annual profit-related bonus
- Employer pension contribution of 12% of pensionable pay
- Private medical insurance for employees and dependants
- Free lunch and all-day refreshments
- Life insurance worth 6 x salary
- 25 days holiday
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, with the option to return part-time for a year
- Electric car leasing scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- A wide range of activities including squash, Zumba, yoga, arts and crafts, and TTP’s own rock band
- Local sports facilities and theatre discounts and memberships
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable
Our benefits include: