Electromagnetics & RF Consultant – Satellite & Space
You will have the opportunity to join the Satellite & Space market team to imagine, develop and deliver advanced communications technologies that will enable the next generation of non-terrestrial networks.
Your role will leverage existing RF & Electromagnetics skillsets offering you the creative space and multidisciplinary supportive team to develop existing and create new blue-sky systems and technologies. As an RF engineer your role can be shaped how you want, with collaborative opportunities in business development, project management responsibility as well as the opportunity to go all out focusing on a particular technical challenge at system or device level.
As we enter the “new space” era with the realm of space opening up to commercialisation, the satellite and space team at TTP appreciates that core skillsets from a diverse range of backgrounds are likely to be transferable to our exciting projects in the satellite and space sector. At S&S, you will be working on diverse projects ranging from designing systems for reliable and ubiquitous connectivity to enable drones delivering blood samples between hospitals to designing systems for satellite connectivity that enable constellations for earth observation and monitoring to track and decelerate climate change.
Our facilities are varied with a dedicated Satellite & Space RF laboratory including anechoic chamber as well as an on-site micro-fabrication facility and general physics & materials laboratories.
Your experience to-date can be flexible with this role being perfect for experienced engineers and recent graduates and post-docs. Opportunities also exist for working outside of the S&S group offering specialist RF & EM support to other TTP market teams whose operations include market focused industrial and medical applications.
TTP values ambition, leadership, technical excellence, collaboration and great communication and provides a fantastic environment for you to be in control of your career. You can be involved in an exciting range of projects and client engagements, helping you expand your skills and interests in areas such as business development, project leadership, emerging technologies, and involvement in the many markets in which we and our customers operate.
Your application will stand out if you have:
- A 1st or Upper 2nd Bachelor/Master’s degree, or equivalent in Physics, Electronics, Electrical Engineering, or a related subject
- Strong fundamentals of RF/microwave antenna systems with knowledge of phased arrays
- Proficiency in electromagnetic simulations with commercial packages such as CST
- Knowledge of test and measurement equipment aiding in antenna design and testing
- Hands-on experience with designing RF circuits and systems
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly
- Creativity and a hands-on attitude
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to support and work with an interdisciplinary team
- Initiative to seek out and explore new opportunities
TTP is an employee-owned business operating from green surroundings in Melbourn, just south of Cambridge. Our working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas and technical collaboration, while providing you with the freedom to do your best work. We value our collaborative culture and the benefit in-person interaction brings to our colleagues and to the business. We also understand the importance of work-life balance and offer flexibility in how you self-manage your working week.
- Annual profit-related bonus
- Employer pension contribution of 12% of pensionable pay
- Private medical insurance for employees and dependants
- Free lunch and all-day refreshments
- Life insurance worth 6 x salary
- 25 days holiday
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, with the option to return part-time for a year
- Electric car leasing scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- A wide range of activities including squash, Zumba, yoga, arts and crafts, and TTP’s own rock band
- Local sports facilities and theatre discounts and memberships
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable
Our benefits include: