AI/ML Engineer Consultant – Experienced
Job Title: AI/ML Engineer Consultant – Experienced
Location: Cambridge, United Kingdom
Breakthrough technology is vital for strengthening the UK’s Defence and Homeland Security. As an AI/ML Engineer Consultant at Awerian, you will be at the forefront of this innovation race to defend and protect the UK from the latest technological and cyber threats.
Your work will have a real-world impact. You will get to explore pioneering concepts by collaborating with elite multi-disciplinary teams of highly educated and skilled scientists, engineers, and designers. You’ll see ideas become a reality as you create prototypes through Awerian’s rapid approach to design and implementation. It’s a fantastically challenging, varied, and agile role.
You will tackle diverse, real-world challenges from the ground up using your experience in designing and deploying systems that apply ML to a broad range of tasks, pulling together third-party components, as well as building elements yourself.
Awerian’s wide variety of intriguing projects, from proof-of-concept through to working prototypes, provide both intellectual and practical challenges giving opportunity to flex your problem-solving skills and creativity to devise innovative solutions.
The projects will test your broad exposure to the ML development cycle: data I/O, cleaning and preparation, rapid code prototyping, iterating model designs and deploying and packaging code into client-ready products. The sense of job satisfaction will be tangible as you stretch your knowledge and capabilities into new areas of pioneering research and development.
You will have a track record of academic excellence, hold a relevant degree, and have proven technical capabilities. You will need a strong foundation in Python and current ML frameworks and notable experience in a number of the following areas:
- familiarity with popular ML libraries and frameworks like TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras and scikit-learn,
- experience with neural network architectures, deep learning techniques, and building and training deep learning models,
- creating and handling large datasets including pre-processing steps and familiarity with data manipulation libraries like Pandas, NumPy, and data visualization tools such as Matplotlib or Seaborn,
- hands-on experience of building ML solutions for resource-constrained situations and deploying to edge-processing platforms,
- experience with emerging technologies such as GANs, LLMs, RL or XAI.
We are keen to hear from AI/ML engineers with experience in any sector.
Awerian is no ordinary research and development consultancy. You will work at our smart and well-equipped offices and laboratories based just outside of Cambridge. Immediately you will be encouraged to share and implement your ideas – there’s no ‘newbie’ status, and you’ll benefit from our culture of freedom.
TTP Group is an employee-owned trust. With little hierarchy, there are no corporate hoops to jump through. This, along with our flat structure, encourages mutual support, teamwork, and innovation. It also creates unique opportunities to develop skills in project leadership and client management to keep your professional development on track.
Awerian are continuing their rapid growth plan, making this a great time to join our multi-disciplinary team. You will be part of building on our successful track record and develop your career at the cutting edge of technology. You will be supported by our team of experts. We’re a business of individuals – however, our curiosity brings us together and it drives what we do. Whether you’re leading a project or part of a team, the whole structure of Awerian is designed to help you connect, thrive, and feel included.
Joining Awerian means you’ll enjoy our fantastic employee benefits including:
- Lunch, snacks, and refreshments provided
- Employer pension contribution of 12% (of pensionable salary +3% personal contribution)
- Private medical insurance for you and your family and Life insurance
- 25 Days annual holiday plus bank holidays
- A comprehensive relocation package is available, if applicable
- Electric Vehicle leasing & Cycle to Work scheme
- Access to TTP Group social and sport clubs
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
So, if you’re ready to create the extraordinary at the forefront of UK homeland security; apply today.
You will need to be eligible for UK security clearance
This role is not eligible for UKVI sponsorship visa scheme
We will review CVs on an ongoing basis and will arrange interviews promptly upon receiving suitable applications. All applicants will receive a response.
Our business revolves around collaborating with one another to tackle genuinely hard problems. Equality and diversity in the workplace are some of the most challenging problems facing society. We continuously strive to do better, and we fundamentally believe in the power and importance of diversity – both for our community and for the overall success of our business. We therefore encourage applications from all individuals. Whatever your background, whatever your identity: we would love to hear from you.