Physicist – Consultant
Job Title: Physicist Consultant (Experienced)
Location: Cambridge, United Kingdom
Salary: Competitive + Excellent Benefits
Breakthrough technology is vital for strengthening the UK’s Defence and Homeland Security.
As a Physicist at Awerian, you will be at the forefront of this innovation race to defend and protect the UK from the latest technological and cyber threats.
You will use your deep scientific insight and research skills to shine light on the hardest problems, exploring the art of the possible and inventing new solutions. You will design investigations to test and develop your ideas and see them become a reality through the creation of prototypes using Awerian’s rapid approach to design and implementation. This will involve all aspects of technology and product development – from invention, analysis, and computational modelling through to prototype design and the transfer to manufacturing.
You will see the concepts you enable have direct impact on the safety of the UK and its citizens. You will work with and lead expert teams of engineers and scientists delivering cutting edge technology to our clients. It’s a fantastically challenging, varied and agile role.
If you have an insatiable curiosity and demonstrable skills in applying fundamental physics to real-world scenarios, you will thrive here.
Awerian’s Physicists come from a wide range of backgrounds, and no two Awerian Consultants or projects are ever the same. Previous projects have covered areas such as:
· optics, including propagation, imaging systems, fibre optics, high power and ultrafast lasers, fluorescence imaging and evanescent coupling
· electromagnetics, including propagation, penetration, interference, and interaction with electronics,
· semiconductor physics, including junction behaviour, logic, thermal effects and sensing,
· thermal systems, including aviation and maritime, and materials processes,
· acoustics, including ultrasound and acoustic communications,
· fluid analysis, including particle dispersion, fluid flow and microfluidics,
· quantum technologies, including sensing, position navigation & timing, computing and communications,
· algorithm design, including Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning, autonomous systems, signal processing and classification, and edge processing.
If you have an interest or experience in any area of experimental or computational physics, or have relevant applied mathematics experience, we would like to hear from you.
You will have a track record of academic excellence, hold a relevant postgraduate degree or equivalent professional experience, and have proven technical capabilities as a Physicist.
We are keen to hear from Physicists with experience in any sector.
Awerian is no ordinary research and development consultancy. With little hierarchy, there are no corporate hoops to jump through and our flat structure encourages mutual support, teamwork, and innovation. It also creates unique opportunities to develop skills in project leadership and client management alongside technical excellence to keep your professional development on track.
We are part of TTP Group, which is an employee-owned trust. This means that we all have a say in our future and we have the freedom to do the right thing by our clients, employees and business.
Awerian are continuing our rapid growth plan, making this a great time to join our multi-disciplinary team. You will be part of building on our successful track record and develop your career at the cutting edge of technology.
As an Awerian consultant, you will work at our smart and well-equipped offices and laboratories based just outside of Cambridge. Immediately you will be encouraged to share and implement your ideas – there’s no ‘newbie’ status, and you’ll benefit from our culture of freedom.
Awerian consultants follow their own path, not a one-size definition of progression: Learning and development is centred around the individual. You follow the direction that
you’re passionate about, supported by our team of experts. We’re a business of individuals – however, our curiosity brings us together and it drives what we do. Whether you’re leading a project or part of a team, the whole structure of Awerian is designed to help you connect, thrive, develop your expertise and career.
Joining Awerian means you’ll enjoy our fantastic employee benefits including:
- Lunch, snacks, and refreshments provided
- Employer pension contribution of 12% (of pensionable salary +3% personal contribution)
- Private medical insurance for you and your family & Life insurance
- 25 days annual holiday plus bank holidays
- A comprehensive relocation package is available, if applicable
- Electric Vehicle leasing & Cycle to Work scheme
- Access to TTP Group social and sport clubs
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
So, if you’re ready to create the extraordinary at the forefront of UK homeland security; apply today.
You will need to be eligible for UK security clearance
This role is not eligible for UKVI sponsorship visa scheme
All applicants will receive a response.
Our business revolves around collaborating with one another to tackle genuinely hard problems. Equality and diversity in the workplace are some of the most challenging problems facing society. We continuously strive to do better, and we fundamentally believe in the power and importance of diversity – both for our community and for the overall success of our business.
We therefore encourage applications from all individuals. Whatever your background, whatever your identity: we would love to hear from you.